Static Mixers and Heat Exchangers for the Confectionery Industry
Static mixers and Heat Exchangers are a simple and cost effective method of blending and controlling products reliably, their benefits include:
- Eliminating the need for tanks, agitators, moving parts and direct power
- Highly efficient heat transfer with advanced connection technology
- No moving parts making the component virtually maintenance free
- Easy installation
- Consistent product quality
Some of the applications used in these fields are:
- Mixing C02 into fruit juices.
- Pasteurisation of concentrated fruit
- Mixing Milk with acids
- Pasteurisation and cooling of sauces
- Diluting concentrates and mixing flavourings
- Cooling of Chocolate Spreads / Peanut butter
- Rework of margarine based products
One of our projects was to design a static mixer used to create a marble structure for chocolate. This was achieved using 2 separate chocolate flows which are pumped with gear-pumps into the mixer. Connections used are DIN11851 couplings, the standard for this kind of application. The mixer is positioned in a temperature controlled box preventing the need of a hot water jacket. Within the food and beverage industry effective C.I.P. cleaning and sanitary connections are of major importance to maintain a sterile hygienic environment, therefore this mixer was also designed with a special sanitary injector that can be dismantled for easy cleaning.
Static Mixers are normally engineered based on homogeneity, where mixing should be efficient. Technical homogenous is 96% homogeneity. If the number of elements is reduced mixing efficiency decreases. The amount of elements required depends on several parameters, like velocity and viscosity. To obtain maximal flexibility element chains of 1,2,4 and 8 mixing elements were supplied. With these 4 items, combinations can be made of 1-15 mixing elements, providing sufficient flexibility for testing.
All our Mixers and Heat Exchangers are made to meet the specific process requirements of each application, our team of engineers will be more than happy to help with any of your queries. Our most popular static mixers are built from stock components in AISI 316L or PVC and are available for rapid dispatch enabling a speedy turnaround.